Ever since 1953, medical ID jewelry has been used to help those with chronic conditions and other health ailments to communicate with medical professionals in situations where they couldn’t speak for themselves. But some remain skeptical that medical IDs can make a difference in healthcare, and others don’t see the point of stylish medical alert jewelry. Below, check out our top ten reasons to wear a Divoti custom engraved medical alert ID bracelet. Not only will you see that there are plenty of benefits to wearing medical alert jewelry, but you’ll be impressed by Divoti’s huge range of styles and designs!
- A stylish medical ID bracelet can communicate for you in situations when you’re unable to speak for yourself. In an emergency, a Divoti custom engraved medical alert ID bracelet will ensure that any preexisting conditions, medications, and other information will be shared with medical professionals. Even if you’re confused, unconscious, or otherwise incapacitated, you’ll have a reliable way to communicate with first responders. Over 95% of emergency medical professionals report that they always check for a medical ID, so you can rest assured that as long as you wear it, someone will see it.
- In the past, medical ID bracelets didn’t exactly add much to your outfit. But nowadays, a stylish medical ID can make a fashion statement! With so many design choices, there’s an option for everyone that will mesh with your own personal fashion sense. Whether that means your medical ID is more casual like this camouflage paracord bracelet or that it’s a gorgeous, eye-catching accessory such as this rose gold bracelet, it’s all up to you!
- A medical ID provides peace of mind, which is truly invaluable! The knowledge that you will receive timely and appropriate medical care relieves stress and allows you to live your life normally, knowing that you’ll get the care you need if a medical emergency occurs.
- Just like all clothing and accessories, a Divoti custom engraved medical alert ID bracelet can function as a way to express your personality. Perhaps you prefer more of an understated cuff, or maybe an intricately beaded bracelet is perfect for you. If you’re focused on fitness, check out Divoti’s medical IDs designed specifically for sports and athletic activities. This sports medical ID comes in 16 different colors, while this silicone medical bracelet has a lovely lotus design that yogis and nature lovers are sure to appreciate.
- Medical bracelets can potentially save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in hospital bills! With the information on your personalized medical ID, medical professionals will be able to skip certain tests and treatments and get straight to the care you need. And the cost of a medical ID is often less than $50, which is cheaper than a trip to the doctor in most cases! When you think about the value you get by purchasing a Divoti custom engraved medical alert ID bracelet, it’s truly amazing to see what you’re receiving for such an affordable price.
- Wearing a Divoti custom engraved medical alert ID bracelet can potentially save you from unnecessary trips to the hospital. For example, if you have epilepsy, you may not need to see a doctor every time you have a seizure. Without a medical bracelet, emergency medical professionals would automatically decide to bring you to the hospital. But if you’re wearing a Divoti custom engraved medical alert ID bracelet, then paramedics may handle the situation differently.
- Unfortunately, medical errors aren’t unheard of. And there’s even more potential for mistakes to happen when medical professionals don’t have access to your medical background. That’s why wearing a stylish medical ID can reduce the possibility of a mistake taking place. When emergency responders see that you’re on a blood thinner or that you’re allergic to penicillin, for instance, they can give you the care you need. Even if that care differs from the typical treatment they would give a person in your situation, medical providers will be able to make an informed decision based on the information shared on your medical ID.
- Divoti knows that the best medical ID is one that you’re happy to wear every day, which is why they have hundreds of different styles available for purchase. If you have a medical ID that you actually like to wear, then you’ll be much more inclined to wear it on a daily basis. Take a look at this cuff, which features the word “love” in different languages. Or maybe this gold and seed pearl variation is more your style.
- About 71 percent of misdiagnoses happen in ambulatory settings. But wearing a medical ID cuts down the chance of misdiagnosis. Misdiagnoses often occur because professionals are lacking the information, they need to make an accurate evaluation. If you’re wearing a Divoti custom engraved medical ID alert bracelet, you’re providing paramedics with the valuable information they need to diagnose and treat you properly.
- And most importantly, a Divoti custom engraved medical alert ID bracelet has the power to save your life! At the end of the day, while its style attributes are great, the best thing about a medical ID is that it can dramatically change the outcome of what could be a very dire situation. Medical IDs save lives–so don’t hesitate to choose your own unique medical alert bracelet from Divoti!
As you can see, a Divoti custom engraved medical alert ID bracelet is truly invaluable! Not only is it a way to express yourself and make a fashion statement, but it can also ensure great medical care and even save your life. Interested in taking a look at Divoti’s selection of medical ID bracelets, cuffs, necklaces, and tags for men and women? Click here for tips on choosing the medical alert jewelry that’s perfect for you. Each one features the classic Star of Life symbol with the snake and staff, which medical professionals will immediately recognize as a medical ID.