Appealing to many team members before your product reaches a decision maker is the major challenge for lead generation in business-to-business industries. What’s the most common cycle for B2B products and services before a deal is made?
- Researchers are first to come upon your product/service online or in face-to-face communication. As junior personnel, researchers usually have no buying power but they are the middlemen between your business and their decision makers. Include researchers into descriptions of your buyer personas so that your content marketing could target them among others. Researchers tend to like structured information about advantages of your product, overviews, and answers to the most common questions that they can show their superiors.
- Financial decision-makers are typically less interested in how the product is presented and marketed but are hugely concerned with whether the company’s budget can afford your product and have a great ROI. Occasionally slip in some exhaustive data on your product’s advantages and cost-to-value ratio to appeal to this type of leads.
- Primary decision-makers are looking for information about how your product will help them deal with their problems. Create content that will show them you understand their pains.
- End users will find incredibly useful testimonials and case studies. They want to see what exactly your product will do for them. That is the only category that can get moved by emotions in B2B. All the above people are rather looking for facts and figures.
How should you build your b2b lead generation strategy, if you want to appeal to all people in the cycle of business purchasing decisions? Let’s take a look at some universal strategies that if attract only some categories, then at least will not alienate others.
Table of Contents
Pillars of B2B Lead Generation
How can you appeal to prospects, whatever their decision-making status is, in your lead generation efforts? Remember about four pillars of lead generation:
- Email outbound
- Social media
- Content marketing (website, landing pages, blogs, etc.)
- Face-to-face communication (trade shows, promotions, events)
Develop your b2b lead generation strategies to appeal to your target audiences and at the same time to ensure all the pillars are sustained and developed.
Be Useful to B2B Sale Leads
Business-to-business customers often come to sources of useful information. Usefulness is what drives their interest in products and services. Using their need to learn new things and expand their knowledge, create plenty of free staff to lure them on your website and landing pages where they will leave their email addresses and contact details. Once you have established your brand as authority and an expert, you can expect prospects to convert into your target leads. What educational resources can you provide?
- Free webinars
- White papers and reports
- Ebooks and how-to guides
Improve the UX & Interactivity on Your Website
When prospects come to your website, nothing should distract their attention. They should find fine-tuned and polished pages and well-placed forms, so that their browsing experience is pleasant and rewarding. Don’t deceive yourself that it is enough to provide useful content and prospects will flock to your fill-in forms and will start filling the shopping baskets with products. Prospects like to be entertained – have interactive features created for your pages. Add a few infographics and quizzes. How can you engage prospects on your website?
- Surveys or polls
- Interactive eBooks
- Case studies
- Virtual reality
Companies Don’t Associate Lead Generation with Video Marketing
However, increasing your video marketing budget can be a business-savvy idea. You don’t need a branded YouTube channel to produce video content. At that, video content marketing is a powerful tool in the toolkit of 2021 b2b sale lead generation. A well-produced catchy video can be inserted on your website, added to a newsletter and email marketing campaign, and posted on your social media accounts. From the funny memes to the complex ideas, you can introduce any topic by creating an animated short video and filming an Instagram story. For better results and the most alluring visual picture, commission your videos to video professionals.
Tailor Your Texts
B2B sale lead generation is first and foremost done through email outbound campaigns. While you improve user experience and introduce breath-taking visuals, remember to work on content writing too. Companies have the bulk of lead generation from newsletters and other instances of email marketing campaigns. Modern customer relationship management (CRM) tools provide endless opportunities to know who you are writing for and tailor your texts accordingly. Use SEO in articles in your blog and customized templates for prospects on your emailing lists. Also, keep in mind spam filters now all companies install to shield from unwelcome information. Ensure 99% email deliverability with a high-quality email spam checker.
Many businesses buy b2b leads and have no problem with lead generation. However, buying leads doesn’t work for all. If you already have an in-house marketing team, you will make use of the information above. If you intend to get leads from a lead generation agency, you will know what to look for when choosing strategies to improve and upgrade your lead generation.
- 5 Benefits of Using a VPS Hosting for Your Business
- Effective Ways Small Business Owners Can Keep Employees Happy
- Reasons You’ll Be Glad You Installed Applicant Tracking Software
- The gaming industry experienced 152 million web app attacks and 10 billion credential stuffing attacks in the past two years
- Is Steven Gerrard still the right man to lead Rangers going forward?