Your search for why companies use 3PL ends here. You may have a small or big company, but there are many significant reasons to use 3PL solutions. First, 3PL worldwide is becoming an indispensable need to transport goods safely and quickly. With fast and safe deliveries becoming the need of the hour for eCommerce and other companies, 3PL worldwide demand is on the rise because they are now offering transport services and have become a comprehensive one-stop solution for many functions.
So, check out the many reasons why do companies use 3PL for reducing their logistical needs and increasing their development to new heights.
Table of Contents
Evolution of 3PL worldwide from logistics provider to one-stop solution for companies
Starting in the 1980s after the deregulation of the truck industry in the US, 3PL worldwide became popular. From 1PL or one-party logistics to 3PL and 5PL, it evolved to provide holistic logistical solutions to companies of most sectors. Categorized depending on their value-added services, they became the most vital need for companies irrespective of size. From most Fortune 100 and 500 companies to startups, small and big companies use the most popular 3PL services.
The rising demand for 3PL worldwide for companies
Globalization and digitization have broken business barriers to expanding to new frontiers. And in the forefront of it is 3PL worldwide to make it possible by providing all the logistical services. Hence, most companies outsource their logistical needs with the peace of mind of handing over their valuable products to safe hands. This trust that the 3PLs earned over the years by providing tech-enabled solutions that been rising its demand continuously over the many decades. And with the rapid rise in eCommerce sales, their demand is only increasing in recent years.
Reasons for companies to use 3PL worldwide
Since 3PLs bridge the many supply chain processes, many companies use them worldwide. They outsource transportation needs and other related functions like packaging, processing, warehousing, etc. Hence you need to know the many reasons companies use 3PL worldwide.
- With enough expertise and experience, they help develop the best practices to integrate into their business process for solving many logistics management complex challenges.
- Use the advanced technologies to make the companies’ supply chain processes responsive and agile which are essential in today’s competitive market.
- Offer holistic services for supply chain processes like packaging, labeling, transportation, warehousing, inventory management, order fulfillment, etc.
- It helps companies venture into new markets and, by creating positive experiences, helps expand their customer base.
- Offer reliable and effective external support to all the supply chain processes efficiently for having a competitive edge over others to become successful.
- Saves costs for companies to not build infrastructure, buy trucks, maintain them, have resources, warehouses, and others.
- With 3PLs serving companies from any sector can handle oversized and out-of-shape goods with ease and transport them safely and quickly.
- Helps safe transport of hazmat or hazardous goods following all the regulations recommended by the UN and mandated by the Federal government
- Enables companies to focus more on their core competencies rather than worrying about handling and transporting their goods to deliver them safely and on time
- Offers flexibility and scalability to reduce costs as companies can outsource only their required logistical needs that may increase or decrease depending on their business.
- Above all offers companies customer satisfaction with safe and quick delivery to develop their business.
The above facts and reasons will surely end your search to know why companies use 3PL worldwide to sustain and be successful in outsmarting their competitors.