IGTV is Instagram’s latest and major update. Today I will share all I know about IG TV and give you some best ideas to use IGTV for your brand and business.
What is IGTV?
IGTV is an own content hub of Instagram. It mainly concentrates on long-form video content, and videos length are up to a maximum of 60 minutes. It is essentially a big game-changer for content creators who mainly focus on long term videos. All videos are in vertical format, and it gives the ability to leverage video differently than before.
Where is my IGTV ?
In Instagram app for android and iPhone
After the new update of Instagram, you can find your IGTV by
- Tap the search icon at the bottom left of the feed page
- Tap the IGTV button (a small icon looks like a TV) in the top left to watch videos, or you can also scroll the field to find more videos with the IGTV icon.
- Click the search icon at the top to search for specific IGTV creators.
There is a new separate IGTV application and web uploads as well. Some functionalities of IGTV are :
- Your IGTV channel sits next to your posts you uploaded in the profile page, or you can access them from the profile news feed.
- You can add titles and descriptions for your videos before uploading. You can either choose a thumbnail from your video or create your own thumbnails for the video cover.
- You can also share these videos with Instagram’s direct messages.
- You can directly link your IGTV videos from your Instagram stories. Simply you can swipe up and watch your videos. It will help to get more traffic.
- Videos must be in a vertical format before uploading it.
- Videos need to be in between the time length of 15 seconds to 1 hour.
- You can follow different channels, and viewers can leave comments and likes to your videos. You will get the notifications for likes and comments on the same screen to get the notifications for your profile.
- Insights are also available for your IGTV videos. They include Likes, Comments, views, and the average percentage of people watched. There is also a chart to show you the points of your video..
- There is also a copy link option for your videos. So you can easily share your videos with other sources.
Focusing to uploading quality content to IGTV is essential to increase engagement. When more people visit your IGTv channel, your Instagram content and your profile have more chances to get popular soon. This can be accomplished if you get Snaphappen IGTV views for videos which is an excellent idea to make your future uploads popular as well.
IGTV is built vertically with a full screen that looks at how we use mobile phones.
Simple and instinctive
When you open the app, it starts playing with one tap. There is no need for browsing or search to get started. It is very easy for performing multitasks.
IGTV is mainly focused on the creator’s you already follow on Instagram.
IGTV will be a new game-changer in the way we used to watch videos on the internet. IGTV is the first application that is going to give long term videos with a vertical view. It allows leading many people, brands, and businesses.
By 2021, 78% of mobile data traffic will be accounted for mobile videos. So if you have been thinking about creating longer videos, IGTV is the best platform to start your journey.
Best IGTV ideas for your brand and business
Here are the best IGTV ideas that you can follow for your brand and business:
- Interviews or Q/A’s
Interviews with your industry experts or with others in your organizations will provide great information to your followers. It is an easy and simple way to start your IGTV channel. It will save your time from interruptions and fear of bad connections in live videos.
- Video introductions or greetings
They are very popular on Youtube. A good introduction video will help the users to know who you are and what you are going to offer and they can also know what they can expect from your channel and Instagram profile.
- Product Demos or Tutorials
Product demos or tutorials are the best way to teach your followers how to use your products or services. Creating useful information will help you to improve brand credibility and authority on a specific subject.
- Recurring segments
If you are ready to share tips and different content regularly, then it is the best idea to create your videos on recurring segments. This is the easy way to change your blog post into easily understandable IGTV videos. Using this, you can give your audience something different week after week.
- Repurpose content
The best and smart way to improve your channel is to repost other videos or record live streams and post them on your channel. It may require some editing from your side if your video is in the horizontal format. But it is the best way to extend your Instagram live stories because they pass after 24 hours.
Using this IGTV, you can create engaging video content that will grab user attention and help your brand and business.