The nature of the operations of your fleet will determine the best solution for your business. Besides standard operational fleet solution systems such as surveillance cameras and GPS trackers, your fleet may require additional solutions including passenger counters and Wi-Fi routers.
Installing a Wi-Fi router on buses does far more than enhance the operations of your fleet. It also enhances the experience of your passengers. The perfect Wi-Fi router can help provide good enough internet connectivity for a variety of devices ranging from laptops to smartphones for both business and entertainment. However, a bad Wi-Fi router can affect your internet connectivity negatively.
In this post, we will take a quick look at how you can purchase the best Wi-Fi router for buses and basic tips to help you install them correctly.
PURCHASING THE BEST WI-FI ROUTER FOR BUSES
There are plenty of Wi-Fi routers for buses available, both online and in physical stores. However, their strengths and weaknesses will heavily depend on their features. Hence, knowing the features to look out for will help guide you towards finding the perfect router choice for your fleet.
Here are the basic features that you should look out for when purchasing a Wi-Fi router for buses:
· THE USAGE CAPACITY OF THE ROUTER: One of the keys to turning a one-time passenger into a regular customer is by ensuring that they have an amazing experience whenever they ride on your buses. This is why they should come first when you are purchasing a Wi-Fi router for buses. Check the bandwidth capacity of the router and ensure that it can handle enough devices for all your passengers.
· INTERNET CONNECTIVITY SUPPORT: Technology is rapidly evolving, meaning even 4G internet will soon be old hat. Thanks to the high internet speed that comes with the 5G network, this is the way to go nowadays. Hence, the reason why you should opt for a Wi-Fi router that supports 5G internet connectivity.
· INTERNET SPEED: One of the features to look out for when purchasing a Wi-Fi router for buses is its internet speed transmission. You should go for routers that have high-speed internet transmission support. Some of them can provide internet connectivity at a speed that is well over 1 GB per second.
TIPS TO INSTALL A WIFI ROUTER FOR BUSES
Here are a few tips you should know when installing a Wi-Fi router for buses:
1. Make sure that your Wi-Fi router can be powered by 12 volts DC. This will ensure that your router can retain power, even when the engine has been turned off. We recommend that you create a wired connection from the CIA (Cellular Internet Antennas) on your buses.
2. Position your Wi-Fi at a strategic place (preferably the center of your bus) to ensure that your passengers have access to clear internet signals. If you can, only purchase a router that can provide a signal to the entire bus.
We recommend that you reach out to a professional to help you install Wi-Fi routers on your buses. This will ensure that you get the best internet connectivity that your router can offer.