In the early stages of the pandemic, corona virus spread at very speed, so most universities decided to temporarily avoid all direct contact and shut down the campus altogether. For many higher education institutions, this has led to the cancellation of future exams.
Challenges of coronavirus on examinations:
Without a clear understanding of how the coronavirus works and the most effective measures to prevent its spread, long-term gathering of students in one room is no longer considered safe. However, exams are an important part of the higher education process and are a necessary step in providing students with accurate grades. Student academic evaluation is a very important milestone in any educational system. Test performance gives students confidence and satisfaction and reflects the competence, performance and credibility needed for global acceptance. With the recognition of the importance of these exams, how can universities continue to evaluate students during this crisis?
Steps were taken by universities:
The pandemic state of the coronavirus is constantly evolving, so colleges need to allow some flexibility when taking college exams. People demanded that “high school exams must be taken, “along with a statement issued in July regarding the exams’ importance. Java MCQ questions are the best during Covid 19. However, given the unpredictability of the coronavirus and its impact on student life, we also realized that this requirement required some flexibility. To ensure that no student suffers a disadvantage as a result of a pandemic, the government will provide computer mcq to the student who fails to attend the final exam of the year either online or directly. If the university does not allow some flexibility in rescheduling exams, academic performance may decline for students in difficult situations as a result of a pandemic.
To avoid direct contact altogether, some universities chose to take most exams online. Universities around the world have followed suit since then but faced several challenges in the process. So computer fundamentals MCQ are best way to evaluate performance of students. When students take the test without the presence of a supervisor, it may be easier to find answers elsewhere or discuss the process with others. Each exam has a different set of rules, but when done remotely, it is more difficult to guarantee that students will adhere to established rules.
Universities use online tools to enhance exam security by providing the technology needed to detect fraud during exams. Computer fundamentals MCQ is still a new phenomenon in higher education institutions, so there is a lot to learn about the widespread implementation of these new exam processes. However, at times when face-to-face contact involves many risks, online exams are great ways to maintain higher education momentum and keep the learning process uninterrupted. There are also some arguments suggesting that online exams will continue to be an important feature of higher education experiences even after the worst corona virus crisis has subsided. The process of scoring exams directly is “expensive and very ineffective” given the cost of the evaluator and the “extensive manual data entry” that is subject to human error. Other benefits include a significant reduction in the amount of paper used and the time required to take and score the exam.
Benefits of multi-choice questions
MCQ on computer are the most frequently used questions in online exams. Not only are they the type of questions that are generally considered “standard,” but they also offer many specific advantages over other types of questions.
Clicking a button is much easier than entering an answer. Also, the more accessible the survey, the more complete the answer. In many cases, you just want to ask the respondents to choose between two or more options. Do you agree or disagree? Yes or no? Do you think we should do more, or do you think what we are doing is enough? In such cases, it is best to provide respondents with choices.
2. Provides a concrete definition of response options.
Survey questions are often written with the respondents thinking about how they will respond. In such cases, multi-choice questions are generally the most appropriate question type. Suppose you want to ask the respondent which politician candidate to vote for. If some of the respondents already know who to vote for, this question can be answered without any problems.
However, for most people, choosing from a list can be very helpful. Checking the answers to open questions can be a complex and time-consuming task, but analyzing data from open questions is much easier. It’s much easier to analyze the findings without removing answers that contain misspelled or non-serious comments. And you can be confident that Mickey Mouse will certainly not appear among the presidential candidates.
3. Provide guidance to respondents.
Another benefit of multi-choice questions is that they provide respondents with guidance on how to answer. Communicate the specificity or generality of your response by providing answer options in the form of multiple choices. Answer options can also entice respondents to provide more details than themselves. The more answer options you provide, the more accurately you can quantify how much your respondents agree or disagree with your statement.
Carefully consider your multiple-choice questions before submitting your survey, as the response options provided will determine how the results will be used. For example, choosing the “Other” answer can be useful, but it can make the analysis of your data much more complicated.
4. More suitable for mobile devices.
Mobile device optimization is an important aspect to consider today when creating a survey. Approximately three in ten Surveys in the United States are done from smart phones or tablets. Mobile devices with small screens and no mouse or keyboard are not ideal media for answering queries that use textboxes or require a lot of scrolling. You may need to enter an open answer option, but for mobile devices, it’s best not to deviate from the simpler multi-choice question.
So MCQ are easy to answer on the mobile devices compare to long answer. This is good option in case of online exams.
Below some most asked MCQ questions & ans:-
1. Which of the following options is the best for generating random integer 0 or 1? A. (int)Math.random() B. (int)Math.random() + 1 C. (int)(Math.random() + 0.5) D. (int)(Math.random() + 0.2)
2. The percentage of water vapour present in the air compared to that required for saturation is the: A. Mixing ratio B. Absolute humidity C. Dew point D. Relative humidity
3. Which systems are typically a major source of data for other systems? The major source of data for other systems is ______. A. ESS B. DSS C. MIS D. TPS
4. Which of the following is not a barrier to effective communication? A. language B. defensiveness C. filtering D. channel richness
5. Which of the following is a compound A. water B. air C. oxygen D. iron
6. Which statement is correct? A. Directories can be kept inside a file B. Files can not be kept inside a directory C. 1 millisec = 10 ^ 3 sec D. None of above
7. Which one of the following is not the function of Operating System? A. Resource Management B. File Management C. Networking D. Processor Management
8. Which one of the following statements is correct? A. The function of an information system is to improve one’s ability to make decisions B. The information system is the chain of operations C. A map is a collection of stored, analyzed data, its stored information is suitability used in making decisions D. All the above
9. Which company is not a microprocessor manufacturer? A. IBM B. AMD(Advanced Micro Devices) C. Microsoft D. Intel E. None of these
10. Which of the following is not a video file extension? A. .avi B. .wav C. .mpeg D. .mov
11. For Gamma radiation, what stops its penetrating abilities? A. Lead B. Steal C. Concrete D. All of the above
12. How many prime numbers are there between 100 to 200 ? The number of prime numbers from 100 to 200 is A. 21 B. 20 C. 16 D. 11
13. Simplify:(2x-4)-(6x+6) A. -2(5x+6) B. -2(2x+5) C. 2(x+6) D. 2(2x-5) E. 2(2x+5)
14. FFC stands for A. Federation of Football Council B. Film Finance Corporation C. Foreign Finance Corporation D. None of the above
15. The primary goal of the financial management is __. A. to maximize the return B. to minimize the risk C. to maximize the wealth of owners D. to maximize profit
16. The section of the CPU that selects, interprets and sees to the execution of program instructions A. Memory B. Register unit C. Control unit D. ALU
Answer : 1C 2D 3D 4D 5A 6C 7C 8D 9C 10B 11D 12A 13B 14B 15C 16C