London with the Girls
There’s nothing more exciting and enjoyable than going on a trip with your best girls, particularly when exploring a new city. Whether it’s for a short few days getaway or a full week of holiday fun, you’ll want to pick the perfect place to spend some quality time with the ladies. For an overall good time, one of the best destinations for a girls’ trip is the city of London.
The capital city of the United Kingdom offers plenty of opportunities for fun activities, especially with your best gals in tow. London is filled with historic landmarks, a range of boutiques, diverse neighborhoods, vibrant nightlife, world-class dining, and so much more. Whatever your interests are, you and your crew will definitely find something to do.
With the abundance of things to do and places to see in the city, you might have difficulty planning out your itinerary. We’ve got an array of ways to have the best trip to London with your girls. Need a place to drop your parcels and bags while you move from one place to the next? Utilize a London luggage storage facility for a more convenient and hassle-free experience!
Where to Stay in London
There is a long list of accommodations in London to choose from that fits all types of budget and preferences. Whether you want to save money with budget rooms or pamper yourself in an upscale hotel, you’ll surely find one in the city that suits your needs. Look to these great options when planning where to stay in London:
Budget Hotels (under $150)
- Point A Hotel: Located in King’s Cross, a room in this hotel costs about $70 to $100 per night. While it may be a little small, the rooms here are comfortable and provide almost all the basics – WiFi, air conditioning, flat screen TV and a safe for your valuables.
- Garden Court Hotel: With its central location near the West End and Hyde Park, it’s a surprise how cheap Garden Court Hotel’s rooms are. The traditionally British hotel has been around since 1954 and has simple but pleasant accommodations.
- Ibis Styles Southwark: The Southwark branch is part of a chain of budget hotels that is focused on “economy and design.” This 3-star hotel has 114 rooms and has a very modern feel to it, featuring a West End theme.
- Good Hotel: Found at the Royal Victoria Dock, the hotel is not all about profit; they hire long-term unemployed residents with an aim to help the local community. The Good Hotel, which has an exterior that looks like a shipping container, hailed from the Netherlands and was brought to London via a barge through the North Sea.
Mid-range Hotels ($150 to $300)
- Thistle Trafalgar Square: This four-star hotel features 108 bedrooms and has all the basic amenities – free WiFi, complimentary toiletries, flat screen TV, mini bar and fridge, and coffee maker. You also have the option to dine in the hotel’s in-house restaurant or visit the other dining spots around the hotel.
- The Nadler: With four locations in London – Soho, Covent Garden, Kensington and Victoria – the classically-designed hotel is considered one of the best value hotels in the city. The chic but cozy rooms are fitted with all the standard hotel amenities as well as extras like a mini kitchen, Brita filter waters, Nespresso machines and pillow menus.
- Artist Residence London: Nestled in South London, this eclectic boutique hotel maintains its charm and exclusivity with only ten bedrooms. Each room is wonderfully designed and has high ceilings, four-poster beds and bare brick walls, adding to the overall extravagant vibe. The hotel also has a speakeasy, called Clarendon Cocktail Cellar, which the guests can enjoy.
- Number Sixteen: Located in the South Kensington area and close to a number of attractions, a stay at the Number Sixteen hotel feels like a splurge minus the hefty price with its colorful and comfortable rooms.
Luxury Hotels ($300 and more)
- The Dorchester: Located in Park Lane, The Dorchester is one of the oldest luxury hotels in the world and an iconic place to stay in London. This five-star hotel is known for its overly lavish rooms, full amenities, on-site spa, and a topnotch French restaurant.
- Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park: Found in the affluent Knightsbridge district, this hotel is as luxurious as they come. The Edwardian-style building features grand rooms, including its gigantic Penthouse and Presidential Suite, as well as a world-class spa.
- The Lanesborough: This five-star hotel, situated near Hyde Park, features an opulent design and rooms that come with butler service, ensuring that guests are always catered to. The Lanesborough is also home to the Michelin-starred restaurant Celeste.
- Bulgari Hotel London: Another luxury hotel within the district of Knightsbridge, the hotel boasts 85 spacious rooms and suites, a 47-seat cinema, cigar shop and an excellent on-site spa.
Best Things to Do in London with Your Girlfriends
When looking for the best time with your ladies, the possibilities are endless. To help you sort out your itinerary, here are some top suggestions on things to do in London:
Visit the city’s top landmarks
Visiting the different iconic places in London is a must; it’s even more special when you have your closest friends with you! Some of the touristy things to do in the city include crossing the Tower Bridge, taking photos of Big Ben, admiring Buckingham Palace, riding the London Eye, and strolling along the Trafalgar Square. If you don’t have the time but still want to visit the city’s top landmarks, consider joining a hop-on hop-off bus tour.
Shop until you drop
What’s a girls’ getaway without a little bit of retail therapy? The best shopping districts in London include Bond Street (designer brands), Oxford Street (flagship stores), Covent Garden (unique finds), Camden (vintage items), and Kings Road (mix of independent big brands and independent boutiques).
Catch a show at the West End
Whether or not you and your girls are fans of theater, you should absolutely experience seeing a live show at the West End. London’s answer to NYC’s Broadway, the collection of theaters here features some of the world’s most famous performances. Check out what’s showing at the West End and book your tickets here.
Have afternoon tea
No trip to London would be complete without having afternoon tea with your girl group. The city has an abundance of excellent tea spots, including The Ritz, The Shard, Claridge’s, Fortnum and Mason, and the Mondrian. You can even sail through the River Thames while having high tea by joining this afternoon tea cruise.
Check out the markets
Markets are a huge part of the city’s culture, and London has an abundance of them waiting to be explored. Some of the most amazing markets in the city are Borough Market and Maltby Street Market for delightful food, Broadway Market and Old Spitalfields for some unique finds, and Portobello Road Market for just about anything imaginable!
Experience London nightlife
Cap off your girls’ trip by going out to the city’s best clubs and experiencing the nightlife scene in London. Noteworthy spots to visit include XOYO, Ministry of Sound, E1, Bussey Building and Brixton Jamm.