How would you feel if you have a lot of great wooden furniture at home but they are all infected because of one common problem – Carpenter Bee? For those who are not aware of what this particular bee signifies, it tends to refer to the bees that infect the wooden furniture of your home and tend to ruin the condition. If the number of bees is not much, you will see that there is very little impact on the condition of your furniture. However, if you see that the place is infected with a chunk of these carpenter bees, it will have a negative impact automatically on the furniture.
You might be now wondering whether there are any ways to get rid of this carpenter bee and whether it is full proof or not. However, the good news is that you can protect your furniture from the carpenter bee and eliminate them if your furniture has already been infected with the same. The idea is to make sure that you notice them at the earliest and consequently take stringent measures so that you can curb the growth of carpenter bees easily. You have to understand that this variant of bees affects the entire furniture, and if you do not identify them, it could be detrimental. Pest control companies in London will be well aware to get rid of these kinds of pests in an easy way.
How Can You Understand That Your Furniture Has Been Infected with a Carpenter Bee?
Because carpenter bees are not that common in most parts of the country, it might be difficult for some people to find out whether your furniture has been infected with carpenter bees at all. Having said that, there are some quite self-explanatory signs, and it would not take you much time to find out whether there has been an infection already. For most parts of the United States, carpenter bees are one of the most common insects that often harm wooden furniture. It is very important to understand that, unlike the termites, which tend to affect the quality of the wood and eat them up, carpenter bees will not do that at all. There are some signs which will be able to tell you whether your furniture has been already infected or not. So try to keep your eyes open and be a little alert to understand whether the wood has been infected with carpenter bees or not.
- Notice Them: The most common way to know that your furniture has been infected with carpenter bees is when you see them roaming in your house. However, sometimes it might be difficult to differentiate between the usual bees and those which affect the furniture, known as carpenter bees. To start with, carpenter bees look completely different from bumblebees because they have a very different nesting areas. In most cases, you will also notice that the carpenter bee has a buzzing sound of its own. So, if you see that there are these bees in your house in abundance, or even there is a buzzing sound that is not from the regular bees, then in most cases, it will be a carpenter bee.
- Holes: The next thing you will notice very often is that when there is a carpenter bee infection in the woods, it will leave big holes in your furniture. The segregation with carpenter bees is that you will have a lot of holes in the furniture, which is not the case if your furniture is infested with termites. The most predominant feature of carpenter bees is the hole, and with time it will just get bigger. It usually happens that the carpenter bees make small bees in the furniture itself, and they tend to reside in them. Sometimes you will even notice a path of holes along the grain, and it is the most obvious sign of carpenter bees.
- Heaps of Sawdust: Lastly, the most obvious sign of having carpenter bees in your home is that there will be piles of sawdust in your home alongside the furniture. When it comes to a termite, this will not be the case because, unlike carpenter bees, they tend to eat up the furniture. If you see that there is a lot of piled-up dust, it will automatically point out that there is a carpenter bee at your house that has already infected the wooden furniture.
How Can You Get Rid of Carpenter Bees?
Some people think that when it comes to carpenter bees, these cannot be gotten rid of and become infected; there is no way out. However, this is not the case because you can get rid of carpenter bees without any added hassles. Hiring the pest removal experts like www.empirepestcontrol.co.uk would be the best option Some of the easiest ways to get rid of carpenter bees are:
- Almond Oil: The easiest and yet most effective option for carpenter bees is to use a generous amount of almond oil. All you need to do is polish your furniture with a few bits of almond oil, and this process should ensure that you do not have any bit of carpenter bees left after a few days. Not only do you get almond oil very easily, but it is also very efficient as a measure.
- Carpenter Bee Traps: Yes! You read it right; there are tons of options available that make sure that you get the best and most effective carpenter bee traps. These are easy to use, and in no time, you will be able to trap the news very easily.
- Citrus Spray: Lastly, you can also put a generous proportion of citrus spray on the furniture so that you can get rid of the carpenter bees. These are very easily in the market and hence quite convenient to acquire and use.
Carpenter bees are a very big problem in most parts of the United States of America. All you need to do is be a bit vigilant and use the proper remedies to get rid of the carpenter bees very easily.