Inner peace is the most valuable thing in this dynamic world. Each soul wants to have it but only some have it.
There are some places on this earth where you can feel it and with memories of these places you can always feel awesome. Sometimes escaping is necessary from routine life to overcome the challenges of this life and to develop the sense which helps to fight with them.
India is a land of wonders and there are many places where you can feel the blessings of God and Mother Nature. Due to variations in culture and nature India is called “Incredible India”. Ladakh is one of the parts of Incredible India. It is a union territory of India and Leh is the center point of it in terms of authority.
This is the land where you can feel the blessings of Lord Buddha. This is God’s own land and has many religious places as well as beautiful valleys like Nubra, Snow clad mountains, High motorable passes like Chang La, and Khardung La, and Natural wonders like Pangong Tso lake.
In Ladakh, the majority of people believe in Buddhism. There is the influence of Tibetan Buddhism. Various religious places are there and well decorated with Tibetan and Buddhism art.
Places to Visit In and Around Ladakh
- Nubra Valley
- The White Desert, Hunder
- Thiksay Monastery
- Shanti Stupa
- Leh Palace
- Magnetic Hill
- Namgyal Tsemo
- Stok Monastery
- Pangong Tso Lake
- Pathar Sahib Gurudwara
- Tso Moriri Lake
- Indus Zanskar River Confluence Point
& Many more
Famous lakes to visit on your Leh Ladakh backpacking trip-
- Pangong Lake
Pangong lake is situated at an altitude of 4,350 meters above sea level. This 134 km long lake extends from India to China. One-third of this lake is in India.
- Tso Moriri Lake
The lake is perched at an altitude of 4,522 meters above sea level and entirely within Ladakh. The length of the Lake is 26km.
- Tso Kar Lake
One of the highest lakes in the region of Jammu&Kashmir, Tso Kar Lake is also known as a white lake.
Best Time To Visit Leh Ladakh
April to June and September- Mid November will be the best time to visit Leh Ladakh. During this time the weather conditions remain good for touring in and around Ladakh. During monsoons, roads remain closed due to extreme climatic conditions.
In winter there is extreme cold and snowfall occurs at an extreme level however in December you can attempt Chadar Trek at Ladakh.
Things to Carry
- Good Quality Backpack
- Thermal Wears
- Woolen Clothes
- Woolen Socks
- Good Quality Shoes
- Extra pair of Socks
- Full Sleeves T-Shirts
- Extra Camera Batteries
- Extra Memory Card for Camera
- First Aid Kit
- General Medicine Kit
- Special Medicine if prescribed
- Water Bottle
- Thermo flask
- LED flashlight
- Solar charger if you have
- Personal Toiletries
- Other Items if required
The ideal time for a Bike Trip-
Now it depends upon a lot of factors, the best season, the condition of the roads, the route, weather conditions, the number of days, and your budget. The ideal time for the Leh Ladakh bike trip is desired in the summer season. In winter and monsoon season, due to heavy rainfall and heavy snowfall, the roads are blocked and all kinds of adventure activities are suspended.
Best bike for the trip-
You must select a bike that is designed for long road trips. You any time can take bikes on rent ( for both long duration and short duration) in Manali. The bike you choose should be of a kind that is easy to handle and easy to maintain. Above all, safety is the first priority. The few best bikes are listed below-
- Royal Enfield
- Royal Enfield Himalayan
- Bajaj Pulsar
- KTM Duke
- Yamaha Fazer
- Bajaj Vikrant
- Yamaha FZ
- Hero Impulse
- Local people are emotionally connected with their religious identities so try to avoid any religious comments
- Ladakh is a very sensitive area in terms of defense so carry all essential identity proof.
- The airport is under surveillance and control of the Indian Army upon asking to present your all essential documents.
- Some places required permits so before going there obtain all the necessary permits/licenses.
- The authority is responsible for maintaining the law and order so do not misbehave with them. If there is an issue try to solve it in a polite way.
- Do not misbehave with local people on any issue. Try to sort it out peacefully. It will help you make harmony with them.
- Try to avoid any religious comments from your group mates it will make your trip harmonious with them.
- If you are going to visit some religious place then maintain the decorum of the place.
- All the places are naturally rich so try to avoid plastic items. In any case, if you have used it then disposal must be proper.
- In place of plastic bags try to use Cloth or Paper Bags.
- In summer it is even cold in comparison to other areas so carry proper clothes to stay warmer.
- Do not throw any kind of thing in water bodies it will help to save nature.
- Do not litter.
- If you are going in a group so stick with the group and listen to all instructions carefully provided by the group leader.
- If there is any warning board is there at any monuments regarding photography then stick with the rules to avoid any kind of penalty.
- ATMs are available at Leh and Kargil so carry ample amounts of cash to avoid any money-related difficulty.
- If you are staying at some homestay then maintain harmony with the house owner.
Activities to Do In and Around Leh Ladakh
- Bike Trip
This is all about Leh Ladakh Tour So stay blessed and keep traveling.