Before start running, it is important that you must know a few things about running which can help in performing more efficiently and helps in preventing injuries. Here is the list of few things we all must know before running.
- Warm-up and Stretching
The biggest reason for injuries in any sport is the lack of warm-up and stretching before performing the exercises. The best method is to start with some basic stretches then a little warm-up, after that we can start our running.
- Correct posture
A bad running posture not only affects your pace while you run but it also results in deformation of backbone as well and in some cases results in sore lower back muscles. So, maintaining a correct posture is the key.
- Investing in proper
Indeed, running doesn’t require many types of equipment but the only gear which it requires is shoes. Shoes protect our feet from getting injured and provides balance as well. Also, there is no denying the fact that running shoes cost too much so people, especially the beginners resist investing in shoes and opt for any kind of shoes which eventually result in causing injury to them. After Christmas Sale provides huge discounts on the shoes which one must not ignore.
Breathing correctly is important as it helps in strengthening our heart and of course the lungs. Beginners must breathe with both nose and mouth. But as one progresses he/she must breathe with nose only as it helps in strengthening the lungs and helps in fighting with several diseases.
- Maintaining the pace
Running is a continuous process and thus it requires consistency in it. One must not put his entire effort into one single start. Beginners do this mistake a lot and soon get exhausted and eventually give up. Every individual knows his own potential, so he/ she must run according to their strength.
Now that you know the things to consider before running, you must also learn some of the health benefits of running.
Health & Physical Benefits of Running
- The biggest advantage of running is that it helps in developing cardiovascular strength. In fact, running is considered to be the father of all cardio workouts. It helps in strengthening the lungs and heart thus improves the blood circulation of the body. Above all, it helps in reducing the risk of cardiovascular-related diseases. Also, a study reveals that those who run have 21% more chance to live longer a healthy life naturally. So, now you have one more reason to run.
- Who doesn’t love the toned belly? Running can help in burning the stubborn belly fat and helps in making toned upper abdomen. Not only belly fat but it also helps in reducing the side fat as well.
- While running, the muscle part we hit the most is our legs and that too our hamstrings, calves and quads. Running not only helps in toning the legs but at the same time helps in strengthening them too.
- Running also helps in conditioning knees and ankles. Most of the people even if they work out, ignore the importance of conditioned knees and ankles. Well, running can help them.
Mental Benefits of Running
- Any form of physical activity is considered to be a morale booster. Physical activities help in curing depression and running is considered to be the best anti- depressing agent. This is the reason why many psychologists suggest their clients to do running.
- Running releases two feel-good hormones called endorphins and endocannabinoids. The chemical composition of endocannabinoids that our body produces is not much different from the chemical composition of marijuana. So, you can say that runners high are real.
- It also helps in removing stress and anxiety from an individual’s mind and eventually helps in efficiently performing daily life activities.
The best part about running is that you don’t require a particular space. You can run anytime and anywhere you want. Just remember one run can change your day, many runs can change your life.